Fall 2018 Bucket List

Fall is, hands down, my favorite season of the year. Here in Texas, we don't get a true fall season--the leaves don't change color and the temps usually don't drop passed 80 degrees until November, but the season offers a nice reprieve from the stale, hellish summer temps. I'm obsessed with the festivals, the fall fashion, and all things pumpkin spice. I love it all. 

Each fall, I usually create a bucket list of things I want to do in my head, but the weeks are busy and the weekends are even busier, so I rarely get to everything. BUT, I realized that, like everything else, if things are not scheduled and planned, they don't happen, so I figured I'd share my fall bucket list here, which maybe (just maybe) might create some accountability for me. Meaning, if I put it out there, it might actually happen, right? Ha. That's the goal, anyway.

My list started with a million things and then reality set in and I eventually pared it down to 6. 

1. Lauryn Hill. I can't think of a better way to kick off the season than an outdoor concert with the Queen later this month. Now, y'all know L. Boogie is a bit flaky these days and it's very possible that she'll cancel the concert altogether, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that she'll not only show up, but show out. Like, closing scene of Sister Act 2, show out. A girl can hope, right?

Source
2. I have been trying to get my kids out to Autumn at the Arboretum for the last 2 years, but busy schedules have gotten in the way. I'm bound and determined to get there this year because nothing screams Autumn like acres upon acres of pumpkin displays. 

Source
3. My drink of choice is Pinot Noir--cheap or expensive, I love me some Pinot. An afternoon of Pinot Noir plus good eats with my favorite girls sounds like a dream. So, I'm planning a wine tour with my girls--possibly for my birthday weekend!


4. I'm sure you've noticed that I love pretty clothes and shoes and I LOVE FALL FASHION, so you will definitely see more style posts this fall. 

Source
5. Raising 3 little girls in a social climate that elevates bullying and political and personal agendas over kindness is tough. I can't manage anyone else's household but as for me and mine, we will sprinkle kindness everywhere and every chance we get. Above all else, I desire for my girls to know Jesus and love others well. Loving others is being kind to others unconditionally and with no strings attached. Kindness is taught, not caught, so I plan to be much more intentional about proactively extending kindness with my girls using this great resource.

6. Y'all, our laundry room is so busted. It serves as a pass through to our garage and that's exactly how we treat it--a pass through. I've been bugging my hubby about getting a new washer/dryer and I think I've worn him down. The space is small so I'm thinking a stacked W/D is a good idea with a fresh, fun color for the walls, new shelving, and organization for our cleaning tools, shoes, backpacks, and coats. Stay tuned for a laundry room makeover!

Source
We're also planning a camping trip with friends, will be visiting Key West + Bahamas FOR FREE courtesy of my side gig, and planning a milestone birthday celebration for my mama!

What's on your bucket list this fall?

Comments