Maximizing Your Wardrobe

If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I KonMari'd my closet a couple months ago. It is definitely an exercise I recommend everyone tackle. I had been holding on to clothes that I KNEW I'd never wear again, but never got rid of them just in case. Going through that purging process sort of forced me to evaluate the amount of stuff I had and WHY I was holding on to it.

My rule for myself now is when I buy something new, I get rid of something old, which also makes me really consider my purchases. 

This exercise was also a lesson in learning to maximize my wardrobe. When I buy things, I now question it's versatility. I think it's OK to buy statement, one wear, pieces every blue moon but, generally, it's best to buy things that will get multiple wears and can be worn multiple ways.

Wardrobe remixing is also awesome for traveling light. As long as you are not going somewhere hot (where you'd sweat out your clothing), you can pack fewer pieces, remix your wardrobe, and stay well under the 40 pound bag limit - or better yet, save your coins and fit your fewer pieces into a carry-on. 😉

I recently took a stab at creating 5 looks with only 8 pieces of clothing:

1. high rise denim: here
2. off-the-shoulder denim jacket: old; tried to find a similar option, to no avail-sorry!
3. floral skirt: old; lots of options here
4. be grateful tee: no longer available; plus size option here; other graphic tee options here
5. blush trench coat: no longer available; a pricier, but very cute option here
6. denim button-down dress: no longer available; similar here
7. red cropped sweatshirt: here (on clearance!)
8. sleeveless sweater duster: no longer available; long sleeve option here



Before you go out and spend money (& time!) on a new outfit, shop your own closet! Remix your wardrobe and save those coins, ladies!

Comments

  1. I appreciate your effort, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. worth reading all the way through. Thanks for putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Capital “A” for Awesome fashion. How do you do this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a great fan of your blog and i just wanted to wish you a great year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this amazing post. It is not just the content that I’m referring but also the user experience too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What name of page builder do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really, really appreciate all the time you put into this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I am your silent fan. As per usual, you are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your style! Thank you for showing this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great appreciation for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty and chic Looks! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love, love, love feedback & comments. I read every one of them so keep em' coming! xo