8 F's for 2019

I don't believe in resolutions. Resolutions fail. And, honestly, you don't need a new year to make a change---all you need is a Monday. I do believe in leveling up, though. The older I get, the more I recognize that life is a gift, so there's no time to sit by idle just letting the days pass me by. When my mission on earth is complete, my prayer is that everyone who knew and loved me will be able to confidently assert that I LIVED MY LIFE and walked out my assignment. 

Anyway, back to leveling up and setting goals. 

I was thinking about the new year recently and began jotting down a few areas I want to focus more energy. Every word that came to mind happened to start with the letter "F", so I rolled with it. Before long, I had 8 Fs. Again, my intent is never to overload myself with unattainable goals that I'll surely neglect by February 1st, but if I'm not intentional about how I'm using my time, I'll get to the end of a year (Lord willing) and wonder how a whole year passed me by with nothing of substance to show for it. So, while I have 8 focus areas, they will be simple + attainable. 

sweater: H&M | skirt: Urban Outfitters | booties: Aldo | clutch: Express Factory

Faith. I have gotten away from daily devotion + time in the Word. No beating around the bush here. I MUST get back to this discipline and time with my God.

Family. Beginning in 2019, I want to institute Wednesday night devotions + game nights. Weeknights are hectic with work, school, and activities, so we need at least ONE night to slow things down and just connect as a family.

Friendship. I can't tell y'all how many friends I've been trying to connect with for lunch or dinner this year and it just never happened. Adulting is hard work, man, and trying to squeeze friend time in is tough and often falls to the bottom of the list. So, this year, I'm making a list of friends I need to see and hug with a goal of scheduling at least one lunch date and one dinner date every month in 2019. 

Finances. Hubby and I have a plan to pay off a good chunk of our debt by the summer. We also have a savings goal--we plan to double in 2019 what we saved in 2018.

Fitness. I WILL JOIN A GYM. AND I WILL WORK OUT 3 TIMES A WEEK. I WILL. I suck in this area, y'all. I don't like working out, but the older I get, the more I'm noticing these bones and this body just don't move like it used to. I know I need to be more active, so this is an important goal for me. I know joining a gym is the biggest cliche resolution/goal, but I'm joining the gym out of necessity--not for kicks and giggles. My health is important to me, so I'm ready!

Fun. I don't technically need a category for this because, baby, I know how to have fun and make time for me. I will take my annual girls trip, I will use my spa credits, and I will schedule a few GNOs. If you are a girl - a mom - who struggles to fit fun in the schedule, struggle no more. Throw that mom guilt out the window and live, honey. You will be a better wife and mom for making time for you.

Fashion. More style posts. More collabs. More color. More patterns. All 2019.

Freedom. I am proclaiming that my business will take off in 2019. I have an amazing team, amazing support system, and I am an ambassador for amazing, life-changing products that I truly believe in. Not achieving my business and personal growth goals in 2019 is not an option. Emerald City, here I come!

Whew, I said a mouth-full! What are your goals for 2019?

Comments

  1. เว็บไซต์ สล็อต ค่ายเว็บดังพร้อมสร้างความตื่นเต้นในทุกๆครั้งที่สปินยิ่งกว่าถูกรางวัล pg slot- th.com ปรับปรุงให้เกมมีความเที่ยงธรรม แก่คนที่เข้ามาสปินทำให้เข้ารางวัลได้ง่ายๆ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love, love, love feedback & comments. I read every one of them so keep em' coming! xo