I put together lists and goals for myself regularly. Kinda like this one. Forget the fact that my goals are often quite lofty and not S.M.A.R.T. But can I get an 'A' for effort, at least?! Anyway, in honor of the first day of summer, I figured I should put together a summer to-do list...ie bucket list.
Baby Webb is due September 16th, so my goal is to accomplish all 10 of the following goals by or before then:
1. Shake my pregnant boot-ay with my ladies at The Mrs. Carter Show in a few weeks. I'm not much of a music buff...I know, I know...so uncultured. Don't get me wrong, I like music just as much as the next person, but I'm pretty much a radio girl. iTunes doesn't get much of my money...with the exception of my girl Bey. Say what you will about her but she is a stone cold entertainer and I am SO excited about seeing her in concert!
2. Host a surprise daddy-to-be shower for my hubby (hopefully he doesn't read this post). He's already such a good daddy so I just want to encourage and celebrate him. Thinking something really low key with a few of his friends...will probably incorporate basketball and Raising Canes...two of his faves.
3. Eat. My. Groceries. Better plan my meals. And limit eating out to once (maybe twice) a week.
4. Start a journal for my baby girl. Someday (when she's able to read), I want her to know how much her mommy loves her...even before she made her appearance in this world. I want her to be encouraged by my words. And have the journal forever as a keepsake.
5. Garages are in the back of the homes in our neighborhood so interactions with neighbors are really limited. I thought it would be nice to make "hi, I'm your new neighbor" gifts for the neighbors on each side of us. I've made several of these 'quick bread in a jar' gifts for friends and others...seems to be a hit...so I'm leaning towards doing something like this for them.
6. Host a very small house warming. Probably just family and a few friends. Maybe at the beginning of August. We'll see.
7. Buy, start, and finish this book called the Home Experience by Devi Titus. Here's Amazon's description of the book:
The Home Experience is a tool to help reshape the families' pathway to love, peace, and a lifetime of joy. The book is truly a powerful wake up call for women to breathe new life into their homes. This full color 275-page coffee table style book is both a motivating book to read and a mentoring curriculum to use. The Home Experience defines essential principles and practices to bring greater elements of love and peace to their home experiences. Vital relationship skills, conflict management, and personality dynamics are clearly and cleverly defined by the author from her expertise. Everything from Judeo/Christian biblical principles and priority management to practical homemaking techniques, the reader will find this book informative and fun.
I'm THE WORST when it comes to finishing books. But this is one that I think will come in handy as a new homeowner and new mommy. I want my family to love being at home and to feel a sense of peace and joy when here.
Finish START and finish baby girl's nursery. I have a solid idea of the design, colors, etc. Read more about it here.
9. Rehab a few used furniture pieces I bought recently. And by rehab, I really mean paint/spray paint. :) The green table, dresser, and glider/ottoman are going in the nursery. The 2 green chairs will be reupholstered to match my living room decor. I'm excited to get started and see how it all turns out.
10. Get going on my Project 52 challenge. I have majorly neglected the entire challenge. My quiet times have been super inconsistent and sometimes NON-existent some weeks. Gotta get back on it.
So there you have it...my summer bucket list. I'll be sure to post my progress along the way. Wish me luck!
Linking up with The Foley Fam