1 Outfit, 2 Ways

I have several trips coming up this summer starting with a work trip to Boston this week and I'm doing my best to STAY OUT OF THE MALL, y'all. I placed a 6 month shopping ban on myself in January (which I've mostly failed at because a good sale is my drug of choice), because I have so many things in my closet that I've either never worn or only worn once or twice. And that's just plain crazy. So, rather than go out and buy a bunch of new stuff I'll wear only once or not at all (see the trend here?), I took to my closet and rediscovered lots of cute pieces I can mix and match and not have to buy a thing. 

Side note: Kate Middleton wore a stunning, classic Alexander McQueen dress to Harry & Megan's wedding on Saturday...and it's the THIRD event she's been photographed wearing that dress. So, if Kate can repeat, so can I. Get thee behind me, FABULOUS SALES!! I don't need you, so stay out of my inbox.


Anyway, here's an oldie, but goodie that I packed for this week's trip and realized it can be dressed up or down. 2 outfits in one. I bought this denim top on mega sale last summer. I was instantly drawn to it because of the bow tie - because who doesn't love a bow tie?! For the first look, I paired the top with a high waist gingham skirt (which actually goes with a matching sleeveless crop top) and nude pumps. Perfect for a long day in a cold conference room, right?

Top: Banana Republic (similar here), Skirt: Sugar + Lips via Dillards (similar here)
 Heels: Charles by Charles David via DSW (similar here)

 For the second look, I ditched the bow tie, untucked the top and tied it at the waist, and threw on my favorite platform sandals to achieve a more casual look. Perfect for a night out with my hubby or girlfriends!

Platform Sandals: Gianni Bini via Dillards (similar here)

Which look is your favorite?

Comments