Winter 2018/19 Bucket List

I know, first hand, the importance of writing down goals and making them plain and there is such a sense of pride you feel when you accomplish your goals - big or small. Sharing my fall bucket list with you guys created some accountability for me to actually tackle the list and I was able to complete a little more than 80% of the list, which has inspired me to create a winter bucket list. 

I'm keeping this list pretty intentional and simple because, let's be honest, I'm a mom of 3 and creating a long list of extra stuff to do is a special kind of torture. But I do believe making time for your own interests is important for mommy self-care, which is why these bucket lists are so great for me.

photo credit | Brittany Villegas

1. One of my hubby's childhood friends runs a non-profit org that serves the homeless in Dallas. He is hosting an event in downtown Dallas on Christmas Day to feed the homeless and distribute wrapped gifts. My family and I are looking forward to participating. Serving in this capacity is so humbling because it reminds us all that we are always a decision away from similar circumstances. I buried Matthew 25:40 in my heart years ago and, since then, I have carried a heavy burden for those who live without the basics I take for granted.

2. I'm not a big reader, but I know reading is pretty important for self-development so I pull my ADD brain together and force the issue. [God bless all of you who can read a whole book in a weekend - my brain is just not set up that way.] That said, I'm looking forward to reading Becoming (a birthday gift!) and The Road Back to You in the next month or so. Apparently, the Enneagram will change your life and perspective on everything so I'm excited to dig in!

3. My hubby and I have gotten away from planning regular date nights, so I want to plan a few dates for us, including a night at home (which means I need to kick my kids out!), complete with making dinner together, and a little Netflix and chillin. He loves basketball so I looked in to Dallas Mavericks tickets but the Mavs don't win enough for me to justify spending over $100 per ticket. Nope. So, back to the drawing board for ideas. If you have any winter-themed date night ideas, please share!

4. This next goal is extra basic and vain but I want to learn how to put on lash strips. The idea of dealing with lash glue scares me. The idea of looking thotty with extra big, crooked lashes also scares me. I need to get UN-scared though because a good pair of lashes really completes a beat, so I'm ready to at least practice. I'm here for any tips and tricks on how to avoid gluing your eyelids shut.

5. Last but not least, hubby and I were talking about making over another room or two in the next few months. We're torn on which room to tackle first, but it'll likely be the kitchen and upstairs living area. More to come!

sweater: H&M (similar) | skirt: Zara | sneakers: Adidas Stan Smiths | bag: Coach (similar)


What's on your winter bucket list?

Comments