Project 52 | Week 1 + Link-Up!


Want to know more about my Project 52 challenge?
Click here, here & here.

{What I Read}
Genesis 1 - Genesis 24 
Click here for my reading plan.
{Biggest Take-a-ways}
1. Everything God made in the beginning was good. 
Genesis 1:31 | And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good.

2. He protects the righteous.
Exhibit A: Noah & his family were spared from the flood that destroyed the earth & all its inhabitants. 
Genesis 6:8 | But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
Exhibit B: God spared Lot's life in Sodom.
Genesis 19:29 | So it was that, when God destroyed the cities of the valley, God remembered Abraham and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow when he overthrew the cities in which Lot had lived. 
Exhibit C: Ishmael & Hagar are banished from Abraham's house but God still promises to make a great nation through Ishmael because he is Abraham's offspring.
Genesis 21:13 | And I will make a nation of the son of the slave woman also, because he is your offspring.

3. He answers prayer.
Genesis 19:29 | So it was that, when God destroyed the cities of the valley, God remembered Abraham and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow when he overthrew the cities in which Lot had lived. 
I was so encouraged to know that Abraham's plea to God to spare the lives of the righteous in Sodom did not go unanswered. God heard Abraham's cry and, subsequently, spared Lot's life before destroying Sodom and Gomorrah. My prayer life sucks. So this was a good reminder to get on my knees. Every single day. Because God IS listening.
{Biggest Challenge}
It normally takes me about 30 minutes each morning to read the chapters, the commentary (for passages I need some clarification on), jotting down my learnings, and prayer. Reading in the morning before I start my day is so important to me; otherwise, I'm afraid the day will get away from me & I'll get behind. I try to be at work by 9 every day, which means I need to be up NO LATER than 6:45 to ensure plenty of wiggle room for my shower, getting ready, and my 45-minute commute. The problem is I'm allergic to mornings. So as as right now, getting my lazy butt out of bed in the morning has been my biggest challenge. 
{Memory Verse}
Genesis 18:14 | Is anything too hard for the Lord?

I use the Crossway ESV Study Bible. And it is amazing. If you don't have a study Bible, I definitely recommend this version.

If you leave a comment, please tell me how I can be praying for you this week!


Comments

  1. So glad you decided to do a link-up with the Project 52...one more form of accountability!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I don't really understand link-ups but I just wanted to comment and say that I love what you're doing!
    Genesis is a hard book to take something deep from - just because it's what we all know and love. But I feel that reading your post inspired me to think of it in a new and refreshing light. Because, Christ honestly is so good and refreshing. Loving your blog! Keep up the great work.

    xoxo,
    tiana of l'esthetique

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love, love, love feedback & comments. I read every one of them so keep em' coming! xo