Annual Girls' Weekend


Happy Monday, y'all!
How was your weekend?

Mine was fab & TONS of fun!
Last year, me and 3 of my girlfriends (Beth, Vanja & Darragh) decided to meet in Nashville for a girls' weekend getaway. We had so much fun that we decided to make it an annual affair. 

Because I'm expecting and me and hubby just bought our first home, I convinced the ladies to travel to Texas for this year's weekend trip. We eventually settled on Austin. Beth and I are here in Dallas, Darragh had to travel from Atlanta and Vanja from Memphis. Darragh and Vanja arrived in Dallas early on Friday morning then we got on the road for the 3-hour trip to Austin. 


The view of the Austin skyline from our room at the Hilton Austin.


After checking in and getting settled, I mentioned that I had a craving for a cupcake...but not just any cupcake...a lemon cupcake. :) So we set out to find a nearby bakery. The goal was to find a place we could walk to and we came across Hey Cupcake! downtown. According to the GPS, Hey Cupcake! was about a mile walk from our hotel. It was a gorgeous day so we decided to make the walk...except a mile walk turned out to be about 4 miles. Yes, 4 miles. Stupid GPS. It felt like the longest walk ever but we made it. 


As a reward for the long walk, I decided to get 2 cupcakes. haha!


A walk back to the hotel was pretty much out of the question at that point, so we decided to hail a pedicab. Our "driver" had locks and a bare chest...I seriously love how everyone in Austin is so chill and laid back. 




 After our ride back to the hotel, we freshened up and headed out for massages. I had the most relaxing full body 1-hour prenatal massage. I felt AMAZING afterward! 

After massages, we decided to go for burgers and had the best burgers at a spot called Wholly Cow.


Day 2 started with a yummy breakfast at Magnolia Cafe then we got back on the road and headed north to San Marcos for some outlet mall shopping.




A shopping trip just isn't complete without a Starbucks break. Love Starbucks.


Beth couldn't wait to get to the Tory Burch outlet store but was a little disappointed at the selection. She made up for it at the Coach outlet, though. :)


After a little (or maybe a lot) of shopping, we headed back toward Austin for MORE shopping at an outdoor mall called The Domain. 


But before round 2 of shopping, we stopped at Kona Grill for sushi and drinks. Of course, that meant cooked rolls and water for me but I still enjoyed it. :)


After sushi, we hit the pavement for round 2 of shopping.


Came across these adorable floral print oxfords at Forever 21. I didn't buy them but thought they were super cute.


Here's my damage from the day! 


We rested up a bit, then got dressed for dinner & karaoke. Seriously...how hot are these girls?!


We slept in on Sunday before getting on the road to head back to Dallas. What is a road trip without breakfast at Cracker Barrel?? Loveee Cracker Barrel! 


After breakfast, we stopped at yet ANOTHER outlet mall in Round Rock before heading home and made a quick pit stop for gas and a DQ blizzard before finally getting back to Dallas.

 As you can see, girls' weekend consisted of food and more food and shopping, shopping, and more shopping. And TONS of randomness and laughs. 

I consider this my last hoo-rah before Baby Girl Webb comes so I totally tried to make the most of my time away. I already miss my girls and can't wait for next year's trip to Savannah!

Linking up with:
Weekend Shenanigans @ Sami's Shenanigans
Random Wednesday @ Because Shanna Said So

Comments

  1. Hey Angela!!

    Sounds like you ladies had fun here in Austin...I live here:)

    Congratulations to you and husband on Miss Webb. Great reading your blog.

    Best wishes--

    Jaime Germany aka JGerm

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looked like so much fun. I totally have to plan a girls trip. My husband just did a guys trip and now I feel all left out - glad you guys got the chance to do something and you look great by the way. Loved the chambray top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes look delicious!! Great blog!!


    When you get a chance, stop over my blog, I'm holding a giveaway for a Naked 2 palette!
    Naked 2 Palette Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through Fran's linkup! Please don't hesitate to email me next year - I am fromSavannah & can totally forward you shopping & restaurant recommendations! I will be reading from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indulge you only live on earth once. Good friends are truly rear cherish them always. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love, love, love feedback & comments. I read every one of them so keep em' coming! xo