Thursday Thrills, Throwbacks & Threads


THRILLS

Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous ones; And shout for joy, all you who are upright in heart. - Psalm 32:11

I have a BUNCH of thrills to share with you from the past week! This blog series has given me a heightened awareness of how many good things  happen to me each day. Probably because I'm paying more attention to the stuff going on around me (for the sake of having something to write about on Thursdays). I've realized how much I take for granted...one of many reasons I'm so excited about this blog...it's such a great outlet for me.

Now without further adieu...

Thrill #1
Barack Obama was re-elected as President! And although half the country isn't excited about this, I am. I feel a little discouraged by the negativity and disrespect being shown to the President. But frankly I'm encouraged by Romans 13:1-2: Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

At the end of the day, Jesus still saves. And God is ultimately in control. So I'm not worried about what's to come in the next 4 years. I never pray for our government officials, but I think I should start. For unity. And for the hearts of those that don't realize there is a God bigger than any political figure.

Thrill #2
I flew to San Francisco yesterday and am in Orange County (not far from Laguna Beach) today and Friday for business. Best part of the whole trip is the upgrade to first class I received courtesy of my friends, Greg & Kelly! Greg is a consultant and does a ton of traveling for work, so he had upgrade credits to use up. I mentioned that I was traveling for work this week, and he offered one of his upgrades to me! Let's just say that the 3 1/2 hour trip from Dallas to San Francisco was amazing! Plenty of leg room, a shockingly good cheese omelet, a good read (love Emily Giffin) and a good nap! And how can you resist the hot towel thing-y they give you mid-way through the trip?? As much as I love to travel, I kind of don't like the flying part of traveling...but I loved every minute of that flight. :) I was almost sad when it was over because I knew coach was in my near future. :|



Thrill #3
My dinner tonight! Gotta love an a-maze meal like this on the company dime! Woot woot!

Via Instagram
Thrill #4
A very sweet couple we know lost their infant son to SIDS this past February. The loss of this precious little life hit me VERY hard. During his funeral, the song Blessed Be Your Name was sung. For years, I naively sang that song in many worship settings, not really considering the magnitude of the song or the scripture referenced in the song, "...The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD" (Job 1:21). The Lord gives and He takes away...in His perfect timing. And although it makes little sense to us when He takes someone we love so much, the fact of the matter is that he/she fulfilled the sovereign plan God had for them...and He is STILL worthy to be praised. Even if that means a life only lived for 5 months. It truly made my heart so sad to see my friends hurt so much. And as things have gone back to normal for most people who knew and loved their baby son, they continue to mourn and make the hard decision each day to trust in the Lord's plan for them and for their son.

And the best part of all...they are expecting a baby girl...due in April 2013! (I'm sure you were wondering when the "thrill" was coming!) Even in the midst of a devastatingly difficult season, He makes all things new and beautiful in His own time. I am beyond overjoyed for them! And this is for sure one of my thrills this week!

THROWBACKS

We do not know the true value of our moments until they have undergone the test of memory. - Georges Duhamel

A few ideas came to mind when I started thinking about this week's throwback. As I was driving to my hotel, I saw this highway sign...

Source
Suddenly, it came to me. And I IMMEDIATELY broke out into song...


Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

The year was 2004. My junior year of college. And yes, it's true. I was one of those grown-ups who was intrigued by the privileged, drama-filled lives of these Orange County high school kids. And I watched the show...faithfully...week after week. And as the cat fights between Kristin and LC ensued, I was sucked in even more. I'd like to tell you that the show only interested me 8 years ago as a young college student...but I'm pretty sure I still watch the reruns on MTV2. LOL!

Source

THREADS

A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. - Coco Chanel

I stumbled on this picture of the President and his girls a few weeks ago. Seriously...how adorable are Malia & Sasha! Already little fashionistas just like their gorgeous mama! I would totally wear Malia's outfit. LOVE the navy blazer and knit skirt! And I especially love that they're not too cool to hold their daddy's hand. :)

Source
Linking up with:

Thanks for stopping by for this week's edition of Thursday TTT!

xoxo,

Comments

  1. Most of these attributes include things like intrinsic purses having zips (to quit factors decreasing in relation to), over unity magnetic bite gucci replica case shutting down fasteners in addition to critical happens to be. Certainly, why don't we not forget of which the best element within the case is usually about to really do the Prada brand platter, proudly available within the case to help make it possible for rolex replica uk the earth learn that you'll be really hauling a true Prada custom made tote. That has a sponsorship by Hublot, Switzerland pilot Yves Rossy, clears this The english language Sales channel placed on his or her traveling by air unit. Having grp composite gucci replica wings of which unfold to help 8 legs. 3 with. in addition to utilized such as a rucksack, Rossy dives outside of some sort of soar planes 6, six-hundred legs. preceding Top Griz Nez, People from france in addition to minds when it comes to The uk. Furnished with 5 model-size airliner machines, Rossy can certainly journey on data transfer speeds accomplishing upwards of 134 mph. Rossy's energy resource source received continued typically untested on gucci replica here in addition to inner thoughts connected with stress and anxiety were being location with from the toughest connected with means. In the event Rossy were being required to help forget his or her traveling by air unit in addition to parachute decrease, it'd include rolex submariner replica eventually left them treading mineral water with on the list of busiest shipment lanes on this planet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love, love, love feedback & comments. I read every one of them so keep em' coming! xo