To Trend...Or Not To Trend?

...that is the question. 

There are a TON of hot trends right now that I'm loving! From prints, to jewel tones, to statement necklaces,  to chambray...LOVE. IT. ALL. But you know what? As much as I love trends...I think I've realized that every trend is not for me.

For the next few weeks I'll be taking a break from Thursday Thrills, Throwbacks & Threads, to bring you my humble take on some of this season's trends. 

Starting with trends that I adore...just not for me.


{1} Tulle Skirts. When paired with a casual top (i.e., chambray), tulle skirts are delicious. Yes, delicious. But when I try to picture myself in a tulle skirt, I just...can't.

{2}Shorts & Tights. Love this look when done right. But for some reason, I just can't bring myself to take the plunge.

{3} Sequins Leggings. I bought my very first sequins skirt last year for my birthday. A skirt is one thing...but I just can't imagine sequins on my body from waist to ankles. Just can't.

{4} Leather Leggings. Another very popular trend. Whether dressed down and paired with a sweatshirt and classic Chuck Taylor's or dressed up with leopard pumps, a printed top, and a faux fur vest...leather leggings are definitely commanding the spotlight this season. Again, just can't bring myself to do it.

{5} Rain Boots. I bought my first (and last) pair of rain boots at Target years ago. And I've only worn them camping...once. Many style bloggers have paired these boots with skirts and (gasp!) dresses. I don't think I would EVER consider wearing rain boots with a skirt or dress...but I must be alone because I've seen this look floating around blog land and Pinterest all season. Cute...just not for me.

Next week's {To Trend...Or Not To Trend?} topic: 
Trends I'm NOT Loving So Much

And upcoming topics:
Trends I'm REALLY Digging...And Wearing Often
Trends I LOVE, Haven't Yet Tried, But Definitely Plan to Try Soon
Trends That Took Me Awhile To Adopt...But Now I'm a Believer

What do you think, ladies?
Are you working these trends this season?
Or are you with me? Cute...but not for you?


xo,

Linking up with:

   



Comments

  1. Oh yes! I tried the leather leggings and finally a pair I thought I liked but just didn't love them on ME. Huge fan of them on others though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a tulle skirt w/a casual top & I like the leather leggings. But like you, they're just not my style. Cute blog, love the pics. I'm your newest follower from the hop.
    http://www.writingmydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah the boots are definitely not doing it for me either. I did those when I was a kid. I was thankful to go without them as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm to trend or not to trend!!!! I typically don't keep up with fashion in that regard unless its something I really like... I really just try to "do me".

    Tulle skirt I LOVE and would definitely rock for the right event. Shorts and tights I have done before but with boots and it looked fab!! Leggings are a fav too but I only have one pair... I think I'm a little to fine for leggings. hahhahahaha Rainboots I love but they have to be the right ones and only worn on a rainy day, lol... not as part of an acutal galm outfit.

    Love the topic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much for linking up with the almost friday thursday blog hop!

    and oh wow, i am with you on every single one of those!
    i actually have a really pair of nice rainboots, but i just never ever seem to find it right to wear it. and about the shorts and tights thing, when i lived in england, that was very popular and i did it a lot there, but now that i'm back home i can't see myself doing it.

    glad to see someone who thinks like me :) following your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of shorts and tights, but it seems like such an oxymoron to wear shorts in the winter. I've seen some people rock it, but I don't think it's for me! On the other hand, I've talked myself out of buying rain boots every year, but I really want a pair!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love, love, love feedback & comments. I read every one of them so keep em' coming! xo